YUM. After pinning recipes with pumpkin in them for the last two Fall seasons,
I finally MADE something! I actually made it on Thanksgiving morning and I was worried since I never made it before... especially bread in the crock pot. Thankfully, it was a big hit and went home with just the dish it went in. ☺
Found on Pinterest from Mason... Like The Jar
○ 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
○ 1/2 cup sugar
○ 1/2 cup brown sugar
○ 2 large Eggs (beaten)
○ 1 cup canned pumpkin
○ 1 1/2 cups Flour
○ 1/2 tsp salt
○ 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
○ 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
○ 1/4 tsp Ginger
○ 1 tsp Baking Soda
○ 1 cup (or MORE) Chocolate Chips... I ♥ Chocolate!
What To Do:
○ Mix oil, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl.
○ Add eggs and pumpkin. Mix thoroughly.
○ In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add to pumpkin mixture.
○ Mix in chocolate chips.
○ Spray crock pot with nonstick oil. Then pour in the batter.
○ Place 4-6 paper towels between top of crock pot and the lid to absorb and lock in moisture.
○ Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
... and out comes a delicious chocolaty-pumpkiny bread of yumminess.
I'm happy because it was pretty easy to make. The Hubs helped me get it out of the crock pot in one piece by putting the dish on top with a kitchen towel underneath.. grabbing the pot and flipping it over onto the dish.
It was amazing. Looking forward to making it next year!